<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9831582?origin\x3dhttp://kristinamiko.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, August 26, 2007 12:55:00 AM


Went to the Asian Civilisation Museum today as part of my Special Topics in Management class. It's actually catered more for the students from University of St Gallen for their Asia Term. Took this class as I need to clear a credit under Global and Regional Studies (GRS). My region is still.. well.. very much still stuck in Asia cos Lao Niang (as Von would have put it) has no money to venture further.

Learnt quite a bit at the meseum and enjoyed myself thoroughly today with the foreign exchange students whom I'm doing project with. It's a good change working with more than half of the group members of another culture and it's probably going to be fun once we get more familiar with each other. I can see abit of difference in working styles currently.. Hopefully it's not too difficult to get adapted to each other quickly enough to make and effective team. A bunch of us had lunch together at the Raffles City Food Junction and I am still appalled to hear that there isn't such a thing as food court in Swiss. NO FOOD COURTS!!! They either eat at home or go to extremely overpriced restaurants once a while. Gosh! I really can't imagine my life without food courts. Heard from Charlene that our dear MM once said that the best invention to SG is the air conditioning.. To me, the greatest creation in SG is the food court. Perfect for people like me who has zilch culinery skills and likes a good variety of food at affordable prices.


This is my grp for the Special Topics in Management. Very friendly foreign exchange students. See the guy in black shirt? He has piercing blue blue eyes. Jo and I can't help but stare into his eyes while talking to him. You will knw what I mean when you enlarge the picture. \

We are supposed to have a discussion about our experience at the meseum and we picked the topic about Beauty with a specific focus on the "Golden Lotus Feet" a.k.a bounded feet of women in ancient China. Very disturbed after reading into the history of it. The women of those times went through a whole damn lot of pain in the name of beauty and status.

Let me end this off by showing you a picture I took of the river before I went into the meseum. Don't I just love my cammy =)


The weather is perfect today. Can you feel it from the picture?

profile
A blessed soul who meets good people all around. A strong believer that good begets good. A positive person who dreams of life being a bed of roses. Even when it's not, take it as a journey and learn from it. A kind and loving person.

tagboard