<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9831582?origin\x3dhttp://kristinamiko.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:24:00 PM

Mid Week Syndrome

As I walk to the office today I was wishing that the weekend would arrive soon. Which I believe is the mid week syndrome that hits all blue and white collar workers. So fast! Not even 2 weeks into the job I'm hit! And the 1st week was spent mostly on lunch and coffee treats from my team mates as well as the CNY celebrations.

Work is pretty demanding but fulfilling.. I'm glad I'm given a HR position with a more strategic role rather than the usual admin work. Although I am (will be) drowned by all the reports that I've to churn out.. It's a very good learning platform towards a managerial role. Already I can see my career advance with the company. I'm also very glad the focus that the company has on HR - they obviously see the value in human capital. The processes that are being carried out are modeled after what I've learnt in SMU in terms of HR - which is quite impressive.. So I shall see if textbook concepts works.

One thing that I'm amused about is how the IT support functions. There are no IT guy in the office to troubleshoot IT problems. What I have to do is to lauch a live chat with the IT support from INDIA and log my case. Then an IT expert will help me solve it. He does it by gaining remote access of my laptop. It's kinda amazing how technology advances.. So basically for 2 days I have been sitting at the office watching my laptop being controlled by another person from across the globe!!

Sighs.. I'm starting to feel old.. But whatever.. I can't wait for salary to come in!!

Take a look at some pictures I took from my desk =)


My spacious desk space


Finally found my place in the corporate world.. This is quite symbolic
Oh.. I have to take care of a money plant and a catus abandoned by previous employees.


Totally irrelevant but this is what I ate today. Huge fish and chips for 5 bucks at Brickworks Food Centre. My current favourite lunch hang out.

profile
A blessed soul who meets good people all around. A strong believer that good begets good. A positive person who dreams of life being a bed of roses. Even when it's not, take it as a journey and learn from it. A kind and loving person.

tagboard